IBM Research | Research Scientist Positions
Apply for this position
IBM Research at PAris-Saclay Lab is looking for PostDoc and Research Staff Member levels, who are passionate about Artificial Intelligence, advancing science, and extending AI applications to solve real world Enterprise problems.
The aim of this research program is to accelerate the integration of Neuronal and Symbolic AI methods in innovative ways and apply them to various areas of business automation. This includes training decision models and discovering business rules, deploying and monitoring neuro-symbolic models, while optimizing metrics such as performance, quality, bias, and explainability.
They are hiring researchers with expertise in a broad range of topics including:
- Supervised, semi-supervised and unsupervised learning, including symbolic learning, rule induction, reinforcement learning, generative models, neuro-symbolic learning
- Deep learning, including novel architectures with attention and memory
- Meta-learning, learning to learn, multi-task learning, transfer learning, few-shot learning, continual/lifelong learning
- Interpretability, fairness, accountability of machine learning models
- Causality and causal inference
- Bayesian learning, graphical models
- Planning and Reasoning
- Domain specific languages, Ontologies and semantics
- Natural Language Understanding
- PhD in machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer science, applied mathematics, signal processing, statistics, or related technical fields
- Advanced skill level in designing and applying new AI algorithms in Machine Learning, NLP, Knowledge Induction, Planning and Reasoning.
- Strong publication track record in key conferences in the AI/machine Learning field
- Experience in programming in languages such as Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Familiarity with concepts in Business Rules and Business Automation
- Design, validation, and characterization of algorithms and/or systems
- Experience with Machine Learning tools and frameworks including but not limited to: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, Scikit Learn etc.
- Contributions to open source projects is a plus
As an IBM researcher, you will work on the most cutting-edge, exciting projects and collaborate with top researchers both inside IBM and with our academic and industrial research partners. Your creativity and innovative problem-solving skills will be essential to the success of our teams and projects.
Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today's most complex challenges, from discovering new ways for doctors to help patients, to creating next generation business automation engines, addressing climate change challenges, or helping retailers to advance customer service.
Please send you application or any inquiries to: Christian de Sainte Marie / firstname.lastname@example.org