COFUND DeMythif.AI | Call for international applications to PhD program
The application deadline has been changed to Wed, 24th January!
15 successful candidates will be fully funded for 3-years PhD, starting fall 2024. For each selected candidate, the european Marie Sklodowska Curie Action DeMythif.AI funds a doctoral scholarship of excellence, with a competitive salary higher than regular French grant, funding for entrance mobility and mobility during PhD. DeMythif.AI students will benefit from dedicated events, specific doctoral training courses and have the opportunity to spend up to three months in an external company or laboratory through the complementary activities support.
The DeMythif.AI theme of "AI and uncertainty" is broad: controlling uncertainties, managing explicability, and encouraging frugality, across a wide spectrum of applications in fundamental or applied sciences and engineering. These PhD topics are hosted in top-level laboratories from Université Paris-Saclay and supervised by leading researchers to train the next generation of AI scientists to address thrilling questions in various scientific domains. Some PhD are co-funded by companies.
The complete list of topics are listed on this page: topics are ordered per Doctoral School then per host Laboratory. Clicking on the title brings a page with details on the PhD. In some case an additional pdf with scientific details might be provided.
DeMythif.AI is supported by CNRS, CEA, INRIA, INRAE and Onera, as well as IFPEN, LNE and ILLS, GIS LARTISSTE, IRT SystemX, EDF, GE Healthcare, IBM, RTE, Safran, Sanofi, SLB, startups Quantmetry, Cairnbio, LightOn and Phimeca.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- the call closes Wed 24th January 23:59 CET
- students of all nationality should fulfill the MSCA criterion of not having spent more than 12 months in France since 24th January 2021
- students should have a master degree in Computer Science or the application science relevant to the PhD topic ; the exact rule depends on the Doctoral School where the PhD topic is listed
- students should have a C1 level or equivalent in english. No level in French is required.
- students should not apply to more than 3 topics
- a first pre-selection of 45 candidates will be done based on academic credentials and submission material, including 3 letters of reference
- if they apply to several topics, they will be asked after pre-selection to order them by order of preference
- the 45 pre-selected candidates will be auditioned remotely to present their topic and answer the jury’s question
- the selection committee, gathering international and renowned specialists will then select the 15 best candidates, plus back-up list by early May 2024
All applications should be done through the ADUM platform. Here are step-by-step instructions:
- note the PhD supervisor name, and the Graduate School of the topic (french name), and the Doctoral School (french name)
- at the bottom of the page obtained when clicking on the title of a PhD click on “Candidate”
- this opens the “PhD application space”
- “login” your account …
- … or “create an account” if not already done
- Etablissement… : please select Université Paris-Saclay GS <name of the graduate school in french> , and then the Doctoral School (french name)
- fill the diploma (possibly being prepared) allowing you to apply to a PhD
- fill other diploma
- fill other information
- in particular fill your level in english and in french
- then you need to find again the PhD topic, easiest is to use the name of the supervisor. Please note that at this level you are exposed to all PhD topics, be careful to select the one belonging to DeMythif.AI program
- fill in your motivation : please start with “This is an application to the DeMythif.AI program.”
- fill in all additional information (internships etc…) relevant to your application
- open your application form (containing all the info you have provided, as well as the PhD topic), sign it
- build a pdf with all the required information, including up to 3 letters of reference (please ignore possible indication to have the letters sent elsewhere)
- application deadline for DeMythif.AI programme is 24th January 23:59, even if mentioned otherwise in the specific PhD form
Last but not least, please check this web page in the weeks leading to the closing of the call, as it might be enriched with answers to commonly asked questions.
For all questions relating to international hospitality (visas, accommodation, etc.), please consult the page of the International Welcome Centre of the Université Paris-Saclay.
Inquiries on the DeMythif.AI program in general and the selection process to be sent to email@example.com.